It has a long history going back to at least the fifteenth century . Also known as Monks Hall the building is associated with Bolton Priory , having once been a grange for that monastic house .
The village of Applewicktree began to prosper around 1300 when Bolton Priory acquired the manor there. Prosperous industries included sheep and lead mining . The local fair and market remained important until the coming of the railways in the middle of the nineteenth century .
Mock Beggar Hall has a number of very interesting features including a gabled wing to the right of the building .
The wing dates to the seventeenth century .
The windows on this part of the building are interesting in design as are the holes above the upper windows and above the door which where designed to house pigeons presumably for eggs and household consumption. More pigeon holes can be seen on the left hand wall of the building .
Nine steps lead to the upper floor of the gabled extension . Four interesting windows can be seen to the front of this building.
Another interesting feature of the house is the carved stone head set over the door in the central part of the building . Stone heads have been found all over Britain dating from in some cases the Iron Age . They are often lined with pagan ritual symbolism
Details of the Hall can be Found at British Listed Buildings http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-323668-mock-beggar-hall-appletreewick-north-yor